Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as an FP&A Analyst. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of financial analysis and completion of management information and will develop an understanding the drivers behind the financial performance and processes of the UnderwriteMe (UMe) worldwide business. You will participate in reviewing and challenging the business model, preparing financial plans and forecasts, and assessing funding requirements.
The role reports to the Senior Accountant FP&A. The person will also be expected to liaise with Pacific Life Re’s operations supporting UMe offices in Australia and Singapore. You will be based at UMe’s City office at Monument however we continue to work flexibly.
This is an excellent opportunity for an accountant to move into the world of Financial Planning and Analysis and training will be provided on the job. UMEMYG
Management Information & Misc. Reporting
- Responsible for coordination, production and development of consolidated monthly and quarterly financial MI to Board and Directors, and PL Re EXCO members
- Responsible for coordinating and preparing of consolidated quarterly MI for PL Re parent company Pacific Life in California
- Responsible for coordination, production and development of consolidated monthly financial MI to Senior Management Team (SMT) including producing meaningful commentary and analysis of financial data
- Prepare quarterly result submissions to PL Re FP&A division
- Preparation and presentation of result pack materials and providing meaningful commentary for variances to Plan
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring worldwide cashflow information and determining capital requirements
- Liaise with Financial Reporting to provide data in a timely fashion and aide them in preparation of monthly financial accounts
- Responsible for Business Planning, Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Liquidity planning
- Responsible for the production of annual 5-year consolidated USGAAP financial plan for the UMe group
- Support the presentation of financial plan materials to PL Re EXCO members, Board of Directors and SMT
- Responsible for preparation of all USGAAP financial plan template submissions to PL Re in accordance with PL Re plan timetable
- Responsible for preparation of USGAAP financial plan raw data files and input into finance analytic tools (FREDA/Essbase, Veritas) ensuring reconciliation to final submissions
- Responsible for maintaining and developing financial models
- Responsible for production and supporting the development of cost allocation model for intra/intercompany transactions
- Responsible for owning and maintaining financial mapping tables and developing finance analytic tools
- Responsible for assisting financial reporting team in developing controls and processes to ensure all risks and opportunities are highlighted
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce the quarter end close timelines
- Part qualified accounting, studying towards an accounting qualification
- Ability to produce high quality work within agreed deadlines
- Ability to deal with non-standard requests
- Organised, conscientious and deadline focused, with good attention to detail
- Self-starter with a desire to develop technical knowledge and skills
- Proficient in the use of Excel including implementing and manipulating complex formulae such as VlookUps, SumIfs, pivot tables etc.
We offer a generous benefits package including a discretionary bonus; stakeholder pension scheme; BUPA; Life Insurance; 25 days holiday; STL; Group Income Protection; subsidised gym membership and more. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all, UnderwriteMe will, upon the request of the applicant, provide adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact us about your needs, and we will discuss these with you to ensure suitable adjustments are provided.