Department: UK Sales Team
Employment Type: Full-time
UnderwriteMe is a key part of Pacific Life Re’s reinsurance proposition internationally and was developed by a team with extensive experience in the Protection industry. UnderwriteMe has two propositions:
- A multi-insurer comparison service in the UK; and
- A suite of new business technology offered internationally
Instead of the traditional, fractured process, the UK comparison service provides distributors with a free single process to quote, underwrite and buy multiple protection products from a range of providers. Our Underwriting Rules Engine, Claims Rules Engine, User Interface and Business Analytics are empowering insurers around the world to sell smarter.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Account Manager join our team. The purpose of the role is to successfully unlock new opportunities and to maintain existing relationships in order to support our business strategy. You will be allocated business targets through active account management by developing relationships with new and existing accounts.
During the pandemic, we expect all activity to be carried out remotely however hope that face to face visits will resume in future. Due to existing headcount and geographic Panels, the successful individual is required to live in either the South West or North West of the UK.
- To secure new business from a Panel of intermediaries by engaging through diarised phone calls, emails, Webinars and at industry/ Network events
- To develop new and existing relationships by ensuring intermediaries are kept fully informed of the proposition and forthcoming system developments through floorwalking and face-to-face meetings
- Interrogate and utilise available MI resources in order to prioritise activity and contact strategy in order to maximise the submissions through the Protection Platform from Panel firms
- Develop a structured approach to Panel management by creating a Business Plan, effective pre and post meeting follow up and through accurately and thoroughly recording all information in the CRM system
- Attend events on behalf of the Distribution Team where appropriate and assist in coordinating all engagement including pre and post event
- Work across the wider UnderwriteMe business to identify opportunities and share best practise helping to meeting the overall Sales target
- To support delivery of the Protection Platform Sales Plan
- Achieve new business targets
- Achieve activity targets
- Implement and build a contact strategy for existing Panel
- Successfully work across the wider business to identify and develop common new business opportunities, synergies and working practices
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of Company procedures and requirements
- Keep up to date with the market and competitor understanding
- Industry qualifications preferable (CII Level 3 qualification in Financial Services)
- IT literate, in particular Excel
- Desired experience of the UK Intermediary market and overall Protection market
- A Levels and GCSE passes in English and Maths or equivalent
- F2F Business Development experience preferred
Working at Home During the Pandemic
At UnderwriteMe we are 100% working from home during the pandemic. We continue to recruit and onboard new hires during this period.
The company has invested in providing a high level of support for our employees as they continue to work from home. This includes regular “tea & talk” sessions, providing suitable home-working equipment, additional holidays and flexible working options, as well as weekly yoga classes and regular social activities. We want to make sure everyone is looked after and supported at this time. We are also contributing to our local communicates by giving staff time off for volunteering activities and making charitable donations.
Please click here to view our Privacy Statement – https://www.underwriteme.co.uk/employee-privacy-notice/
We offer a generous benefits package including a discretionary bonus; stakeholder pension scheme; BUPA; Life Insurance; 25 days holiday; STL; Group Income Protection; subsidised gym membership and more.
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we will provide reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact us about your needs so that we can discuss these with you to make sure that suitable adjustments are made, where possible.