Department: Platform Engineering
Employment Type: Full-time
Our Platform Engineering Team are looking for a Platform Engineer to help support the infrastructure, software applications, development and integration teams of UMTS technology. UnderwriteMe offer 24*7*365 hosting services to clients for all the applications they licence. This is therefore a key role within the IT department
- Build and configure cloud configurations on AWS – Cloud Computing Services, in particular, install and configure new environments using automated tools
- Automate management of all server components using Puppet, Packer, Vault, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Document procedures and policies that relate to the IT systems you support in particular the application configuration.
- Support the software delivery process by identifying and providing appropriate pre-production environments, e.g. facilitation of performance testing
- Manage all code deployments and infrastructure changes to controlled environments in a controlled, auditable manner
- Liaise with and manage 3rd party vendors, hosting services and licence providers as required for the infrastructure you support
- Ensure robust DR (Disaster Recovery) and BCM (Business Continuity Management) process and procedures are in place and adhered to with regular testing to ensure fit for purpose
- Identify and implement appropriate monitoring throughout the enterprise and produce regular reports regarding availability, performance etc
- Contribute to the definition of the platform physical architecture and help maintain this as part of an IT roadmap
- Educated to Degree level or 5 years proven experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable previous ownership of large infrastructure in data centres and cloud
- Understanding of public clouds and hands-on knowledge on building cloud-based environments, particularly AWS and container orchestration
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work within cross-functional teams and delivery oriented
- Proven ability to write effective procedures and policies which can be used by other staff and are maintained within a review lifecycle
- Capable of writing code to deliver highly automated infrastructure environments that support the wider IT department using an agile methodology
- Experience operating 24x7x365 customer focused environment
- System administration level knowledge of Linux, Apache, Tomcat.
- Experience in software release management, git flow.
- Experience in Ruby, Rspec
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of JIRA
|Technical Skills Required||Non Technical skills|