Quality Assurance Test Analyst
Department: QA Team
Are you an experienced Quality Assurance Test Analyst with experience of overseeing and managing functional and non-functional test requirements of software products prior to production release? If so, then we are looking for you to join our team.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring that products are fully tested to the specified quality standard. You’ll give feedback to the software delivery teams and will communicate to stakeholders whilst continually improving testing practices.
- Manage product testing from end to end, planning, scripting and executing functional and non-functional tests using a variety of tools on your own and as part of a team
- Gather functional and non-functional testing requirements
- Work with product and testing team to develop test plans and cases
- Review and recommend improvements to existing test procedures
- Contribute to the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for automation testing tools that may be required especially around measuring and monitoring systems to ensure software is delivered according to requirements and expectations
- Provide input in release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews
- Maintain the test schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across all product team needs
- Manage testing risks and issues that may affect release scope and schedule
- 3 years proven experience in similar role
- Experience of working as part of an Agile development team
- Experience testing distributed micro-service architecture
- Experience to support the requirement to read code and verify tests the development team have written
- Experience working alongside developers to verify functional tests they have written
- Experience testing Rest APIs
- Clearly articulate test results to Business stakeholders
- Source control of test assets
- Environment management
- Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of JIRA is desirable
Working at Home During the Pandemic
At UnderwriteMe we are 100% working from home during the pandemic. We continue to recruit and onboard new hires during this period.
The company has invested in providing a high level of support for our employees as they continue to work from home. This includes regular “tea & talk” sessions, providing suitable home-working equipment, additional holidays and flexible working options, as well as weekly yoga classes and regular social activities. We want to make sure everyone is looked after and supported at this time. We are also contributing to our local communicates by giving staff time off for volunteering activities and making charitable donations.
Please click here to view our Privacy Statement
Who we are
UnderwriteMe is a key part of Pacific Life Re’s reinsurance proposition internationally and was developed by a team with extensive experience in the Protection industry.
We offer a generous benefits package including a discretionary bonus; stakeholder pension scheme; BUPA; Life Insurance; 25 days holiday; STL; Group Income Protection; subsidised gym membership and more.
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we will provide reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact us about your needs so that we can discuss these with you to make sure that suitable adjustments are made, where possible.