Technical Implementation Analyst
Department: UnderwriteMe Technology Solutions Asia-Pacific (UMTSAP)
Employment Type: Full-time
Our Tech Team is looking for a Technical Implementation Analyst to help lead the technical components of software implementations with client companies, provide technical pre-sales support involving demonstrating the software capability to senior people, lead scoping workshops, and perform business analysis functions in product development and client support.
Also to proactively participate within an Agile environment to support ongoing operational support with client implementations, and deliver stand-out automated technology solutions across the Asia-Pacific region.
This role also requires working closely with the UMe and PL Re teams across Australia, Asia and the UK. The role may also include internal projects and product development initiatives.
- Develop and facilitate client workshops to determine the most effective low-risk high-impact implementation solution and to ensure all actions are documented and agreed across UMe, PL Re and the client.
- Work closely with clients, acting as the insurance domain expert for UMe as part of a multi-functional project implementation team to deliver the software in an efficient and co-ordinated way to the agreed scope and timeline. This will involve project tracking and risk log reporting to the Project Manager.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of the software and its scope to configure or support others to develop and implement the agreed solution.
- Liaise with UMe, PL Re, the client and 3rd parties required to deliver the project.
- Have the technical knowledge required to run and modify existing scripts and script new bulk rule updates against the software configuration (json files) and deliver timely resolution of client issues.
Technical Sales Support
- Understand the drivers for rules engine automation (Underwriting and Claims). To consider the key technology requirements to deliver the business objectives and to communicate and shape these, so they can be delivered.
- Work closely with UMe and PL Re Business Development Managers in preparing for and delivering sales presentations, including pre-sales meetings and demonstrations of the software.
- Maintain good communications with UMe and with PL Re.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor and in-house systems and their technical advantages and disadvantages compared with the UMe software.
- Where necessary, to recommend software enhancements or developments to meet market needs.
- Agile team participation for product development, e.g. daily stand ups / scrums, planning, backlog grooming, retro’s, reviews etc.
- Liaise with PL Re Underwriters and Claims assessors with regard to initial and insurer rulesets.
- Assist customer support teams on business and system issues arising.
- Be aware of industry trends in Business Analysis, Agile methodology and Life Insurance.
- Establish client rapport and build and maintain good relationships.
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvements.
Qualifications & Experience
Competencies and Behaviours
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for their role and an appreciation of current issues affecting their profession
- Demonstrates Accountability, Responsibility, Professionalism, Collaboration, and Intelligence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Quick learner and adaptable
- Critically evaluates and challenges current working practices
- Is a committed team member who openly shares information, knowledge, and experience
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively
- Takes responsibility for quality, completeness and accuracy of work
- Shows initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues appropriately
- Participates actively in meetings, has ‘meeting presence’
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing
- Self-starter who can manage their own priorities
- Enjoys the challenges of working in a Global team, sometimes locally and other times in a distributed Scrum team